DARK Fortunato No 4 Peru
68% Organic Pure Nacional
This chocolate is genetically certified to be “Original Cacao”. The pure Nacional Cacao was thought to be extinct in 1916. Later on Criollo and Foresterra varieties were and are being sold as Nacional; they are not!!! The Cacao beans were discovered 10 years ago by Brian Horsley and Dan Pearson in the Maranon Valley in Peru. They have been genetically certified as the original cacao by the U.S. Department of Agriculture. The beans are grown at 3250ft and produce purple and, unique to this variety, white beans.
Brian Horsley has set up farm and still works with the farmers to produce these exquisite unique cacao beans. The beans are shipped off to Switzerland and made into couverture chocolate using traditional roller conching methods.
Fortunato No4 is the most sought after chocolate in the world and Anvers Confectionery is proud to have the exclusive rights to be able to introduce it into the Australian market.
- Good clean snap and gloss (high cacao butter)
- Fruit aromas and flavours hit first followed by very, very long lingering dark roasted nut accents. Balanced acidity.
- Low bitterness for 68% cacao (due to white beans) and a background of savoury (Umami)
- This is a very powerful complex chocolate like no other (think Venezuela Criollo x10)
- Chocolate from unique bean certified "REAL" Nacional
- 100% Organic: no lecithin, no Vanillin, no pesticides, no fumigants. No need for vanilla as the chocolate has abundance of aroma and flavour
- No slave labour – producer works with the farmers in the fields
- Chocolate produced on old method conching roller
- Melted chocolate is very liquid chocolate – easy to work with (high cacao butter- no cacao powder)