MILK Fortunato No 4 Peru
47% Cacao Milk Pure Nacional
Here is the milk chocolate version our famous Fortunato No4. The pure Nacional Cacao used in this milk chocolate was thought to be extinct in 1916. 10 years ago Brian Horsley and Dan Pearson re-discovered 24 Pure Nacional cacao trees in the Maranon Valley in Peru. They have been genetically certified to be the original Nacional variety of cacao by the U.S. Department of Agriculture. The beans are grown at 3250ft and produce purple and, unique to this variety, white beans. Due to the low tannins and bitterness in the white beans, we have been able to develop a low sugar and high cacao content milk chocolate. Most milk chocolate on the market contains between 30 and 38% Cacao whilst this milk chocolate has a cacao content of 47%. Even some famous DARK Belgian chocolate varieties only contain 45.5% cacao. In short: this is a full bodied milk chocolate with a simular cacao content as a Belgian Dark couverture!!!
Fortunato No4 Dark and Milk are the most sought after chocolates in the world and Anvers Confectionery is proud to have the exclusive rights to be able to introduce these into the Australian market. I have tried many varieties in my 30 years as a chocolatier and I find the balance of the Fortunato No 4 cacao bean and the rich dairy used the best I have ever tasted.
- Good clean snap and gloss (high cacao butter)
- Soft fruit aromas followed by a balance of light roasted cacao and creamy dairy.
- Low bitterness for 47% cacao content milk chocolate (due to white beans) and a slight hint of sodium. The words "perfect balance" spring to mind.
- Chocolate from unique bean certified "REAL" Nacional
- Fortunato No4 has been scientifically proven to be genetically purer then other varieties marketed as Nacional
- No slave labour – producer works with the farmers in the fields
- Slow growing variety of sustainable cacao
- Chocolate produced on old method conching roller
- No cacao powders (no chalkiness), no palm oil or trans-fats used in the manufacturing